Termite Prevention with Pretreatments
One of the best lines of defense against termites is a prevention plan. Unlike traditional contractors, our wood pretreatment service division takes steps to prevent future termite damage during the construction of your California home, business or rental property.
We use Bora-Care® to pretreat during the “dried-in” phase of construction (when the roof, studs, exterior wall, sheathing, and other framing elements are in place, but before insulation and interior wall coverings such as sheet rock, paneling, etc. are installed).
We provide a 2 year warranty on any Bora-Care® pretreatment.
10 reason to choose Bora-Care® pretreatment during a new home construction
- Builders are saving a full day of cycle time by switching to Bora-Care® pretreats. It eliminates the need to coordinate schedules between concrete companies and pest management professionals (PMPs). Bora-Care® is applied during the “dried-in” phase of construction.
- Bora-Care® eliminates weather delays. Traditional soil treatments require application to dry ground after the footers are dug. It is applied directly to the wood and concrete on walls, subfloors, sill plates, piers and expansion joints, as well as around pipe chases and plumbing. Weather is simply not a factor.
- Bora-Care® eliminates the need for crews to leave the job site. In traditional soil pretreatments, workers are required by law to leave the site during application and stay away until the application is completed. With Bora-Care®, your crew can keep right on working.
- HUD allows Bora-Care® treatments. The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) 99-A form allows direct wood treatment of Bora-Care® as a primary termite treatment in new home construction.
- Efficacy tests prove Bora-Care® delivers results. Research from a 12-year study by the USDA Forest Service and Mississippi State University’s Forest Products Laboratory showed wood treated with Bora-Care® stopped termite attacks and prevented subterranean termites from tubing over treated wood. In addition, tests conducted at Louisiana State University have shown that Bora-Care® applied to concrete surfaces will prevent Formosan termite tubing. Treated wood is also protected against carpenter ants, old house borers, powderpost beetles and decay fungi.
- Treatments near water are no longer a concern. With soil treatments, there is the concern of chemicals leaching into a nearby water source. When you pretreat the wood and concrete, that’s ALL you treat.
- Soil termiticides can cause CPVC plumbing pipes to leak. Bora-Care® is the first termiticide listed as chemically compatible with Noveon piping systems. It replaces old-fashioned soil termiticides and has been found to be compatible with the CPVC materials of FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster®, and Corzan® pipe and fittings. FGG/BM® System Compatible indicates that this product has been tested and is monitored on an ongoing basis to assure chemical compatibility. In addition, Bora-Care® will not corrode metal fasteners, fittings or nails.
- Toxicity is a rising concern among homeowners. With traditional soil treatments, hundreds of gallons of pesticides are pumped into the ground under and around a home. Bora-Care® is a low odor termiticide that is applied directly to the wood.
- International building code. Bora-Care® is listed in the International Building Code and the International Residential Code. It meets the sill plate end-cut requirements set by building codes and the American Wood-Preservers’ Association (AWPA M4).
- More durable wood treatment. Excavation and landscaping do not affect the treatment. Leaky water lines, improper drainage and even the landscaping process can break a soil termiticide barrier, rendering soil pretreatments ineffective by the time the house is complete. With Bora-Care®, you’re treating the wood, and once again, a problem is eliminated.
Request a wood pretreatment care price estimate
If you live in California and want to prevent termites from invading your new home or building with pretreatment care using Bora-Care®, then contact us online or call 1-800-PACIFIC (1-800-722-4342) to request a price estimate.